Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gift


Alright, before I can start showing you all the wonderful new things I am up too, I need to back pedal and show you some of my older ideas. Since Teacher Appreciation Week is next week (or at least is for my kids school), I decided to share with you a gift I made for my son's teachers a couple years ago. I was room mom in his class, and needed to come up with an end of the year gift from the class. So, this is what I made for his teachers:




Anyone who knows me well, knows I am all about personal gifts. I mean gift cards are great, but I also like to give gifts that have a
meaning...especially when it comes to the wonderful staff at my kids school!

Basically I just took plain terra cotta pots, and one morning before school I got each of the kids thumbprints (in yellow paint), and then wrote their name below it. Once the paint had dried I turned the thumbprints into little bumblebees. I then added some flowers and hearts to the pots, and personalized it with the teacher's last name.


Once it was all dry I planted a small bush in each one. I asked parents who wanted to contribute to bring a gift card to one of the teachers favorite stores or restaurants, and we then hung them with ribbon. I think they turned out pretty cute :o) ! This way the teachers got lots of great gift cards, but they also got a way to remember this class. Here is a close up of the pots:

No comments:

Post a Comment