Thursday, February 10, 2011

Teddy Bear CUBcakes

I have made this cupcakes twice, and they have been a hit each time! The first time I made them was for my daughter's 4th birthday. She had a Build A Bear Party, and they went with the theming perfectly. Then last year her class was called the Bear Cubs, so at the end of the year I made them for her class. They are so cute, and very easy to make.

All you do is make your cupcakes (any flavor is fine, but chocolate works best). You can either make cupcakes from scratch or use a box. Here is a hint: If you use a mix, add milk instead of water. It makes your cupcakes much more moist, and more homemade tasting (thanks to my wonderful Mom for teaching me that trick ;o) !). Then ice them whatever color you want your bear to be. I have used chocolate both times, but white would also be cute! Once they are iced add 3 Nonpareils to each cupcake. Put two in the top (pushed far enough down in that you only see half of it), and then put 1 a little lower than the center of the cupcake. You can then use either 2 M&M's (in any color) or 2 Chocolate Chips, or I just simply used 2 dots of black icing (because I did not want my bears eyes too big). You then draw on the mouth with the black icing, and put a Red Hot Candy at the top for the nose. Then add a few Chocolate Sprinkles at the top for it's hair, and you are done. See very simple, and a hit with kids every time :o) !!



No comments:

Post a Comment