Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Party

Any of you who know me, know that I have been busy coordinating for my daughter's school. Valentine's Party on Monday. Here is what I have put together. I am bringing the paper products, so I decided to also make little take home goodie for each of the children. We will set them at each child's seat, so they will also look pretty as a table decoration while they enjoy their snack.




I did not want to spend a fortune on goodies, but I also wanted something that would look really cute, so this is what I came up with. I took a simple red plastic cup, and glued a decorative ribbon to the top (I found this ribbon on clearance at Michael's for like $.50 a spool). I then wanted to put some type of scripture on the cups, and I decided on 1John 3:18. I think it fits perfect. I then printed it out on my computer, and cut it into a heart. I glued it to the center of the cup. I then put white glitter dots all over the cup. I think they turned out pretty cute, and they were very simple (and inexpensive!). Inside the cups I baked Valentine's Cookies (just the really simple pre-decorated, pre-sliced kind), and put them into a small cookie bag, and tied it up with a small red ribbon. I also put in a pencil, a heart eraser, a heart lollipop, and 2 small chocolate hearts.

I also decided at the last minute to add another game (another Mom is already bringing one game). Again, I wanted to keep it simple, so I decided on Valentine Bingo. For those of you who don't know, this is a wonderful site www.dltk-kids.com They have lots of great craft ideas. Anyway, you can go to their website and print BINGO cards for any occasion. You just put in what you want, and it prints them. S-I-M-P-L-E !! I went with Valentine's Pictures (of course!!), but I also added the kids spelling words for next week, so that it could be a little bit educational ;o) ! The kids will use the conversation hearts as their place markers, and when the game is over they can have them for a little snack. Here is how they turned out:


And here is a close up:


All I did was print out the Bingo Cards, and mount them on red and pink card stock. I had a little bit of ribbon left from my cups, so I laced it on the top for decoration. I then added a few heart stickers. And done.

Tomorrow I will be baking cupcakes for the party. Stay tuned to see what I will be doing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment