Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Cupcakes

I am half way done icing the cupcakes for my daughter's school Valentine Party tomorrow, but I decided to take a break and show you what I am making (I know you have all been waiting on the edge of your seat ;o) !!). So, here they are:



They were super easy to make. I just baked heart cupcakes (I used some silicone shaped hearts I bought at Target a couple years ago. I think they are about $8.00 for a dozen). Once they had cooled, I iced them with pink icing. I placed a candy heart (the type you use to decorate cakes or cookies) in the center. You could really use any type heart (chocolate or whatever), but I thought these added a touch of color. I then took white icing, and using a star tip, piped it around the edge. This emphasizes the heart shape. Again, you could use any color (red would also look nice). Very simple! Here is a close up:


1 comment:

  1. Gosh Angie, I just love your ideas. I think I may do something like that for my anniversary. I am going to look for a heart shaped cake pan after Valentine's Day. (You know for the sales) Wow! I just love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete